F. Young Musicians as International Networkers
|To draw upon the perspectives of young musicians, in higher education and beyond, so as to make systematic use of their views about how best to facilitate their access to professional opportunities and how to engage in new and innovative ways with contemporary audiences|
A Student working group (WG) was formed in September 2014 with representatives of student associations from AEC member institutions. The aim of this strand of the FULL SCORE project is to draw upon the fresh perspectives of young musicians to enrich the debate about the professional career field of music. It is intended to build ambitiously upon the AEC action plan for student involvement (2013) and to embed such involvement within AEC events and activities in the period 2014-2017.
- Ankna Arockiam (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow, UK) - Member of the Learning Outcomes WG
- Sylvain Devaux (CoPeCo Master Programme) - Member of the Pop and Jazz Preparatory WG
- Ruth Fraser (Royal Conservatoire The Hague, The Netherlands) - Member of the EMP WG and Multirank WG
- Isabel Gonzalez Delgado (Conservatorio Superior de Murcia, Spain) - Member of the AEC Congress Committee
- Angelina Konstantinou (Ionian University, Corfu, Greece) - Member of the EPARM WG
- Saara Lindahl (Sibelius Academy – University of the Arts, Helsinki) - Member of the IRC Developmental WG
Please find below the activities of the WG within the timeframe of the FULLSCORE project:
- Meeting 3 times per year, one of them normally during the AEC Annual Congress.
- Being fully involved in the preparation of the AEC events and activities by actively participating in the preparatory meetings held by the various AEC WGs, where the content of AEC events and projects is developed.
- Travelling to all AEC events; leading panel discussions and breakout sessions at the Congress, IRC, EMP, EPARM, and PJP meetings.
- Contributing to the work of the AEC U-Multirank WG by providing feedback and suggestions from the students’ perspective with regard to the U-Multirank field-based indicators proposal developed by the WG.
- Contributing to the work of the Board of MusiQuE - Music Quality Enhancement by providing feedback on the MusiQuE Standards for Institutional Review, Programme Review and Joint Programme Review from a student perspective.
- Developing a database with the contact details of the Student Unions of the AEC member institutions.
- Working on a handbook to enhance and improve Student Representation in Conservatoires, including guidelines on how to create a Student Union/Association and how to make student representation work efficiently in AEC member institutions, including good practice examples across Europe.
- Report Annual Congress in Budapest
- Report PJP meeting in Valencia
- Report EPARM meeting in Graz
- Student WG Panel discussion AEC Annual Congress Glasgow
- Student WG Parallel Sessions II QA with the Students, Annual Congress Glasgow 13.11.15
- Feedback of the Student WG on the MusiQuE standards
- Student WG contribution to U-Multirank
- Student WG/AEC's WG Proposal for a procedure to allocate ECTS
- Possible future creation of a European Association of Music Students (organization of activities and events addressed to music students within AEC member institutions, counselling visits and advice, advocacy, communication hub for music students at European level).