AEC Multirank Working Group
The AEC Council has appointed a group of experts from different HME institutions from all across Europe in order to adapt the U-Multirank system to the specific necessities and characteristics of the higher music education sector.
AEC Multirank working group (WG) members:
- Eirik Birkeland, Norwegian Academy of Music, Oslo (Chair)
- Georg Schulz, Kunstuniversität Graz, Graz
- Hubert Eiholzer, Conservatorio della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano
- Martin Prchal, Koninklijk Conservatorium The Hague, The Hague
- André Stärk, Detmold Hochschule fur Musik, Detmold
- Student representative: Ruth Fraser, Koninklijk Conservatorium The Hague, The Hague
- Kjetil Solvik, Norwegian Academy of Music, Oslo (secretary)
- Ángela DomÍnguez, AEC, Brussels (secretary)
The WG draws upon the collaboration of external U-Multirank experts in order develop a proposal of indicators for music according to the five existing U-multirank dimensions. In the first phase of the project, the WG met three times in spring 2015 to come up with the first draft of indicators and two in autumn 2015 in order to shape the proposal which was presented at the AEC Annual Congress in Glasgow during the General Assembly.
During the second phase (the Pilot project), the WG organized a workshop for the volunteer institutions to provide feedback on the data collection process and reflect upon the results of the pilot project. Based on this feedback, the WG has revised and finalized an official proposal for the AEC members to consider during the General Assambly 2016 in Gothenburg.
For further information about the work developed by the WG, please contact Angela Dominguez at email@example.com