International Relations Coordinator
The Royal Conservatoire in The Hague is an internationally renowned institute for education in music and dance. Studying at the Royal Conservatoire means studying at the oldest Conservatoire in the Netherlands with a high commitment to excellence, where internationally renowned musicians and dancers teach, and where tradition and craftsmanship are intertwined with experiment and innovation. The Royal Conservatoire is a centre for education, research, and production: this powerful triangle is the DNA of the institute. The Conservatoire has a strong focus on internationalisation, which is not only demonstrated by a high number of international students and teachers, but also by many international partnerships, various European projects for curriculum development and recognition gained through international accreditations.
An essential element of its internationalisation strategy is the cooperation of the Royal Conservatoire with partner institutions worldwide, both on a bilateral basis and in various international networks. Important components of this cooperation are the international exchange of students and teachers, and the participation in international projects.
For these activities, we are looking for a:
- Coordinating and promoting incoming and outgoing mobility of students and teachers, primarily in the framework of the ERASMUS+ programme of the EU;
- Providing relevant information and guidance to departments and students, individually and in groups;
- Initiating and offering support to (EU) projects and international activities, for example in terms of preparing project applications, and organising language courses and activities of the conservatoire abroad;
- Keeping the relevant webpages of the Royal Conservatoire website and other online resources up-to-date;
- Thinking pro-actively about and contributing to the further development of the internationalisation policy of the Royal Conservatoire, and to the further enhancement of processes and procedures.
The position will be remunerated according to scale 9 of the collective agreement of the Dutch Universities of Applied Sciences (cao-hbo).
What is expected?
You have experience in a similar position, preferably in higher arts education. You are aware of the latest developments in higher education, as well as of the possibilities and arrangements for international cooperation. You are able to work independently, are pro-active and flexible, and possess excellent communication skills (both in speech and writing) in English. You are an excellent networker, who can promote the active policy of the conservatoire with regards to internationalisation.
Information and deadlines
For further information about this post, please contact Martin Prchal, vice-principal of the Royal Conservatoire: email@example.com If you are interested in applying, please send a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae before
10 January 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job interviews will be scheduled from the 3rd week of January 2018.
- Job type/category: International Relations Coordinator (IRC)
- Minimal education: MA
- Minimal experience: 1 - 3 Years Experience
- Location(s): Netherlands
- Other location: The Hague
- Language requirements: English
- Other language requirement: Dutch
- Working language(s): English
- Other working language: Dutch
Deadline for application
Files to download
- download vacancy%20International%20Relations%20Coordinator%20KC%20dd%2004122017%20%282%29