AEC Office and Project Coordinator
Starting date: 6 April 2020
The Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC) is a voluntary coalition representing almost 300 Higher Music Education Institutions in Europe and beyond. AEC is the leading voice for Higher Music Education in Europe, a think tank innovating the sector and a powerful advocate for its member institutions.
AEC is recruiting an Office and Project Coordinator to join its Brussels-based office for a period of one year with the option of future extension.
The Office and Project Coordinator has three main areas of responsibility: 1/ supporting the operations of AEC’s main bodies (i.e. Office, Executive Committee, Council and General Assembly), 2/ contributing to coordinating AEC’s major project Strengthening Music in Society (SMS), and 3/ coordinating the Student Working Group of the SMS project. These responsibilities are described in greater detail below.
1/ Reporting to the General Manager / Deputy CEO, the Office and Project Coordinator will:
Take responsibility to ensure an appropriate office environment (e.g. in relation to office supplies, computer equipment, welcoming visitors, safety regulations, etc.)
Organise the meetings of the AEC Council, Executive Committee and General Assembly (logistics and preparation of agenda and material), write meeting minutes and contribute to working on actions and content development agreed on
Take responsibility to recruit and supervise interns (including sharing feedback with interns on their performance at various stages of the internship)
Monitor the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
2/ In cooperation with the Project and Event Coordinator, who oversees the activities planned and the progress achieved within the SMS project, the Office and Project Coordinator will:
Organise the meetings of the SMS Steering Group, the SMS Content Coordination Group and the Project Team (in terms of logistics, content and preparation of material), write meeting minutes and contribute to working on actions and content development agreed on
Coordinate the evaluation (internal and external) of the project activities and progress and the communication with and reporting to the European Commission’s Executive Agency
Work with AEC Communication and Advocacy Officer on SMS communication and dissemination activities
Liaise with AEC Membership and Finance Coordinator about SMS financial matters
3/ The Office and Project Coordinator will take responsibility to coordinate the Student Working Group of the SMS project (i.e. to support the WG with its work and with the production of project deliverables, logistically as well as in the reflection and development of content).
- Master’s degree in (cultural) management, European studies or a related field
- Minimum 1-year experience in the field of office coordination and/or project coordination
- Excellent level of written and spoken English (C1); other language proficiency is recommended
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and to flexibly respond to unexpected issues
- Capacity to work well under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Good team working skills with a willingness to contribute and a readiness to assist others
- Good inter-cultural skills and understanding
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation and its implementation
- Interest in student representation in higher education
- Personal connection with music
- Full time employment in an international and interesting environment as member of a small dynamic team
- Gross Salary level: Circa 2075 EUR Gross + Luncheon Vouchers 7€ per day
- Immersion and professional development in all aspects of a European-level organisation with a focus on higher music education
- Opportunity to travel and participate in international activities
Please address your motivation letter and CV to Mr. Stefan Gies, CEO, and submit your application with the subject line “Office and Project Coordinator: Your Name” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is midnight CET on Sunday 22nd of March.
Interviews with short-listed candidates will take place in the week of 30 March (possibly by Skype).
For more information, please contact Esther Nass, AEC Office and Project Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Minimal education: MA
- Minimal experience: 1 - 3 Years Experience
- Location(s): Belgium
- Language requirements: English
- Working language(s): English
Deadline for application
Files to download
- download AEC Office and Project Coordinator_Offer