Opera Incanto is an innovative project running for two years, funded under the Creative Europe programme.
It has the primary objective of creating a new audience, by educating the new generations to know and appreciate the performing arts better, with particular regards to the Opera. Through the creation of a network of theatres and European culture centers, and a close collaboration with the educational sector (particularly schools), it will stimulate audience development, by engaging children and their families with the Opera, attracting the interest of the youth.
- Promote the Opera language and production through an interdisciplinary and international project
- Scale up and test a new model of audience development (related to youngsters 6/13 years old) at EU level, after its success at national level in Italy
- Promote and circulate 1 Opera through international creation, production and staging in the participating Countries
- Support and promote the circulation of artists and technicians involved in the project
- Provide EU cultural operators with multidisciplinary competences and skills on Opera production and staging
- Create a permanent stakeholders’ network for the promotion of Opera, with special attention to youngsters’ participation
Opera InCanto partners
The project is coordinated by Europa InCanto, Italy and the project partners are:
- Theatre of Leipzig, Germany
- Orquesta Reino de Aragon, Spain
- Theatre of Split, Croatia
- Gjenerata e Re (New Generation), Albania
- Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC), Belgium
AEC's role in Opera InCanto
AEC will be the leader of Networking and Communication Work Package, and will:
- Define the overall communication strategy of the project
- Be responsible for the main project outputs dissemination
- Presenting the InCanto project at AEC regular annual events during Information Fora/parallel sessions
- Co-organize the launch and closure events
- Support the dissemination of the project results in relevant national/EU events.
- AEC will also nominate an external evaluator for the objective assessment of the project