Strand 6: Digitisation (Teacher Education in the Digital Age)
The specific objective of this strand is to encourage the use of digital media and digital-based learning tools in music teaching and encourage higher music education institutions to open their educational offer so as to answer the needs and requirements of diversity and promote inclusiveness throughout their activities.
This strand entirely coordinated by the European Music Schools Union (EMU) and it will be carried out by a working group (WG), composed of representatives of AEC, EAS, EMU and a student representative from an AEC member institution.
The outcomes of this Working Group are available on the SMS website.
Activities and tasks of the working group include:
- COLLECTING AND MAPPING PRACTICES AND EXAMPLES
- Collect practices on the use and the needs of digital learning material, distance learning and musical interaction tools
- Collect practices on the use and the needs of digital learning material, distance learning and musical interaction tools and finalise the publication
- Create a database providing access to digital learning tools
- DEVELOPING A PUBLICATION
- on the use and needs of digital learning material, distance learning and musical interaction tools together with a a database providing access to digital learning tools
- CONTRIBUTING TO AEC EVENTS PROGRAMME AND DELIVERY
- Prepare the EMU Forum 2019 on Digitisation and the AEC Congress 2019 on Entrepreneurship and Digitisation (together with WG3)
- Contributing to preparing the AEC Congress 2020 on Societal impact and audience engagement together with other SMS working groups, and the AEC Congress 2021 (showcasing the outcomes of the SMS project)
- COOPERATING WITH OTHER WGs AND WITH EXTERNAL PARTNERS
- Giving input to other SMS working groups (including to the WG on Entrepreneurship and on Music’s and higher music education institutions’ role in society)
- Luc Nijs - Royal Conservatory of Antwerp / University Gent / Lemmens Inst. Leuven (Chair)
- André Stärk - Hochschule für Musik Detmold
- Enric Gaus Termens - ESMUC Barcelona
- Sandrine Desmurs - CEFEDEM Lyon
- Marina Gall - University of Bristol (EAS)
- Matti Ruippo - University Tampere - (EMU)
- Miranda Harmer - Leeds College of Music (Student Representative)
- Till Skoruppa - EMU (Working Group Coordinator)