PRACTICS was a 3-year project that took place between 2008-2011 under the EU "Artist Mobility" pilot programme. Coordinated by Finnish Theatre Information Centre it gathered existing cultural organisations from various EU-countries with the aim to facilitate the provision of information on EU cross-border mobility targeted to the cultural sector.
Read the PRACTICS final report and the Annex.
The project developed 4 Practics Infopoints, offering relevant and user-friendly information to artists and other cultural workers who want to work across borders in Europe:
- Kunstenloket from Belgium
- SICA Dutch Centre for International Cultural Activities from the Netherlands
- Foundation Interarts from Spain
- Arts Council of Wales / Wales Arts International
The other project partners were:
- ECAS European Citizen Action Service, Belgium
- IETM International Network for Contemporary Performing Arts, Belgium
- Pearle Performing Arts Employers Associations League Europe, Belgium
- TINFO Theatre Info Finland
- Foundation Fitzcarraldo, Italy
- AEC European Association of Conservatoires, Netherlands
- ELIA European League of Institutes of the Arts, Netherlands
The Associated Partners were:
- NEMO Network of European Museum Organisations, Germany
- National Network of Romanian Museums
Practics was funded by the European Commission under the Artist Mobility pilot project "Networking of existing structures supporting mobility in different culture sectors".
Find out more about Practics infopoints:
Four PRACTICS Infopoints (Belgium, Netherlands, Spain & Wales)
Text from On the Move