Seminar ‘Enhancing standards for assessment through effective practice’ - Vienna - 26 April 2013
Introduction to the topicJointly organised by the Polifonia Working Group on Assessment and Standards and the INVITE Working Group on Instrumental and Vocal Teacher Education (active within the previous project cycle of Polifonia from 2007 to 2010) this seminar has aimed to provide a forum for AEC colleagues involved in assessing in higher music education institutions and to engage in a dialogue around principles and processes of assessment in music.
Seminar ThemesThe seminar has incorporated practical exercises in assessment along with keynote presentations and time for group reflection and discussion. The initial focus for this seminar has been on the areas of Performance and Pedagogy and we have welcomed all those involved in practical assessments and examining in these areas, either within their own institutions or as external examiners/jury members in other institutions.
Furthermore, we have invited participants to share examples of innovative practice in assessment. Who was interested in giving a short presentation on the last day of the seminar, outlining examples of innovative practice in assessment in your own institution, had to make sure to indicate his or her interest on the registration form.
- Admission and Assessment in Higher Music Education - Jeremy Cox
- AEC Handbook - Instrumental and Vocal Teacher Education: European Perspectives
- Learning Outcomes & Assessment Criteria - Gosling Moon
- Assessment in Music - Donald Lebler
- Presentation "WG1 Assessment & Standards" - Ester Tomasi-Fumics
- Presentation “POLIFONIA II - Working Group for Instrumental/Vocal Music Teacher Training (INVITE)” – Geoffrey Reed
- Presentation “Examples of Innovative Practice in Assessment in HME” - Jeremy Cox
- Presentation “Examples of Innovative Practice in Assessement in HME” - Kaarlo Hildén
- Presentation “Navigating together” Laura Huhtinen-Hildén
- Presentation "Assessment in Music" - Donald Lebler
The workshop report can be found here.
Dates: 26-27 April 2013
Place: University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna - Austria