IMZ Academy 2019: “The complete performer of the future – Embracing media skills in music education”
29-30 October 2019 in cooperation with and at Music + Arts University of the City of Vienna (MUK), Vienna/Austria, supported by AEC – Association Européenne des Conservatoires
The IMZ Academy is a master class-series for young and established professionals in the area of audiovisual music + dance production. Highly practical workshops and interactive seminars facilitate intensive exchange between renowned experts and talented practitioners. Covering topics from performance capture and innovative technologies to audience development and digital strategies in the digital world. The IMZ Academy aims at developing innovative, industry-specific know-how and establishing sustainable, interdisciplinary networks for participants + institutions from around the globe.
IMZ Academy website:
Leading experts in their field examine today’s multi-media musical landscape and assess the implications for Higher Music Education Institutions from all angles
- Peter Maniura, IMZ Academy Director, Project Director Classical Archive and Orchestras Digital Strategy at BBC Music, provides an overview of the current digital + media landscape and presents specific case studies in the use of digital + social media.
- Miranda Harmer, Chair at Conservatoires UK Student Network, examines the student perspective and reflects on the positive impact of media skills on her musical career.
- John Kieser, Executive Vice President and Provost at New World Symphony, shares his distinctive expertise in integrating technology + digital into master postgraduate studies and discusses curriculum considerations as well as actual training sessions.
- Yury Revich, Violinist, sheds light on the artist’s standpoint and illustrates how media skills are a key component in his career strategy, using his successful social media promotion strategy for his concert series “Friday Nights with Yury Revich”.
- Christopher Widauer, Head of Digital Development at Vienna State Opera, elaborates on the employers’ perspectives and presents the multitude of new career opportunities for musicians trained in media skills.
- Martin Zimper, Head of Cast / Audiovisual Media at Design Department of the Zurich University of the Arts, explains how he successfully established a transdisciplinary course focusing on audiovisual media, social media and online strategies for audience engagement.
Find out more about the expert speakers and the detailed schedule!