Pop and Jazz Platform (PJP) Preparatory Working Group
The Pop and Jazz Platform (PJP) preparatory Working Group is in charge of the organization of the AEC Annual Pop and Jazz Platform meeting. This event aims to promote and support higher education in popular music and jazz in the widest definition of those terms. Both popular music and jazz include a variety of subgenres and styles as well as specific performance, learning and cultural practices. However we do believe that popular music and jazz as overall music forms are closely related through a set of common characteristics.
>>> Please click here to see the PJP Working Group Statement of Purpose.
Working Group members:
- Lars Andersson (Malmoe Academy of Music, Malmo) - Chair
- Stefan Heckel (Universität für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Graz)
- Erling Aksdal (Norwegian University of Science and Technology Trondheim)
- Simon Purcell (Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London)
- Maria Pia De Vito (Saint Louis College of Music, Rome)
- Hannie Van Veldhoven (Utrechts Conservatorium, Utrech)
- Udo Dahmen (Pop Akademie, Manheim)
- Linda Bloemhard (Codarts Rotterdam)
- Student representative: Sylvain Devaux (CoPeCo Master Programme)
- AEC office representative: Sara Primiterra (AEC Events Manager)
For more information about the PJP Working Group please contact the AEC Office.