Since 2007, AEC provides its member institutions with the opportunity to receive advice from a colleague on a particular topic of their choice. The Counselling Visits are meant as an instrument of assistance between conservatoires within the AEC community. Based on your institutions' needs, AEC will put you in contact with the relevant Counsellor.
Example of themes on which assistance can be provided (always in the context of higher music education):
- The implementation of a 2 cycle structure
- The implementation of a 3rd cycle
- The Implementation and the use of credit points
- The implementation and the use of learning outcomes and competences in curriculum design and curriculum development
- Internal quality assurance systems
- Mobility and recognition
- Artistic research
- The links with the profession.
- AEC finds the Counsellor able to meet the institution's needs, puts both parties in contact and assists with the organisation of the visit.
- A Counselling Visit takes app. 1 day (or two half days).
- Visited institutions are asked to cover travel costs, local accommodation and subsistence costs for the colleague visiting them. AEC covers the Counsellor's honorarium.
- In some cases, the Counsellor's travel costs can be covered by AEC with the help of project funding. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis depending on the topics to be addressed during the Counselling Visit.
How to request a Counselling Visit?
- Any institution can request a Counselling Visit by contacting the AEC Office (See Section Contact of this website). The following elements should be mentionned:
- Preferred time for the Counselling Visit
- Preferred language for the Visit
- Topics on which the institution would like to receive advice
- It is important that the visit is well prepared from both sides in order to satisfy all involved