B.1 Learning Outcomes
|'To strengthen and connect the quality enhancement frameworks surrounding all levels of music education so as to ensure a coherent trajectory in the development of the skills, competences and know-how of young musicians, whether destined to be the cultural and creative players or the engaged audiences of the future'|
The FULL SCORE Learning Outcomes Working Group conducts a major review of the AEC Learning Outcomes for music studies from 1st- to 3rd-Cycle. The AEC Learning Outcomes were developed across several years, beginning in 2001 and culminating with their publication in 2009 as a key part of the document ‘Reference Points for the Design and delivery of Degree Programmes in Music’, one of the subject-based texts produced as part of the Tuning Project.
FULL SCORE Learning Outcomes Working Group members
- Claire Mera-Nelson (Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance) - Chair
- Anita Debaere (Pearle*, Performing Arts Employers Associations League Europe)
- Ingrid Maria Hanken (Norwegian Academy of Music)
- Jacques Moreau (CEFEDEM Rhône-Alpes)
- Ester Tomasi-Fumics (Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien)
- Angelo Valori (Conservatorio Luisa D'Annunzio, Pescara)
- Ankna Arockiam (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Students' Union)
Please find below the activities of the FULL SCORE Learning Outcomes Working Group:
- meeting four times during the timeframe of the project;
- reviewing the major trends in the wider European higher education context since 2009 and studying the developments that have occurred within the sector during the same period;
- consulting a wide range of stakeholders within the AEC community and in its partner organisations to gather feedback on the use, format, relevance and comprehensiveness of the AEC Learning Outcomes;
- revising the AEC Learning Outcomes line by line and level by level.
- A questionnaire distributed among AEC member institutions in December 2015 to collect input for the revision process, and the results.
- A presentation delivered at the AEC Annual Congress (Gothenburg, Sweden) on Friday 11 November 2016, entitled Knowledge, Skills and Competences: the Revised AEC Learning Outcomes.
- The revised AEC Learning Outcomes for music studies from 1st- to 3rd-Cycle. (Draft version 18.04.2017)
- The revision of the AEC Learning Outcomes for music studies from 1st- to 3rd-Cycle will serve to continue their fitness for purpose in defining the skills, competences and know-how required by graduating students in higher music education.
- The revised AEC Learning Outcomes will function as a helpful tool for institutions to ensure that their graduates are adequately trained in accordance with the latest developments in the profession.
The Terms of Reference and meeting reports of the FULL SCORE Learning Outcomes Working Group are available for AEC members upon request. For further information, please contact the AEC Office.