A communication plan is a road map for getting your message across to your audience, and is an essential tool for marketing and public relations management. You will also need to communicate regularly with your partners and funders, be they public or private.
- To whom do you need/wish to communicate? The better you understand your audience’s priorities, concerns and environment, the greater your ability to target your messages to them. Well-defined target group(s) makes communication more efficient and allows you to personalize your message.
- What are your key messages for each audience and target group?
- What is your timetable?
- How will you deliver your messages (be creative in how you access your audience)?
- Who will deliver the message?
- What resources are required?
- How will you facilitate feedback?
- How will you follow up if additional communication is required?